Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back from Atlanta Homeschool Conference

A beautiful morning greeted me as I finally opened my eyes. My 89-year-old mother appeared with rubber gloves in hand - they matched her green bathing suit - announcing that she was pulling out some poison ivy on our path on her way to the beach. The early morning family swim tradition continues and remains the best antidote for travel fatigue and the resetting of my mental gyroscope.

More conference lessons: read the entire list of speakers carefully, don't just check your own times and rooms. They scheduled me for a third lecture and never told me!

Everyone loves my Bose noise-canceling headphones. There is so much ambient noise in convention centers that you really cannot manage with anything else. And, after all, we are in the business of exquisite sound. The London Phil deserves a good headset!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comment here: